At a time when many of us are buying online, it is important to remind ourselves that sustainability still matters (perhaps even more so than ever).
Below image via @_samphoto_
We want you to love your garment, feel good wearing it and cherish your NATALIJA piece for years to come. We are also mindful that shopping online can be challenging, so to put you at ease knowing you are investing in beautiful, quality garments; and give you the confidence to make informed buying decisions, we’re here to help:
- We have taken the time to ensure our garment descriptions are detailed and have invested in better guides for each product under their ‘Fit & Sizing’ tab, providing recommendations such as ‘Tall-friendly, Maternity-friendly’.
- We offer Fabric Swatch Cards for every garment available online, so you can know how the material would feel, its colour, and whether it’ll suit your skin tone.
- We’re available via email, or you can message us anytime via chat online with general questions about the garment or specific to size/fit; we love hearing from our women and suggesting styling or size recommendations.
Of course, if for any reason you feel that your NATALIJA piece isn’t quite right, we are happy to accept returns on our made-to-order pieces - though be mindful that there is an environmental cost that comes with it.
- Each returned parcel leaves a trail of carbon dioxide (and equivalent) - CO2e - emissions from the various trains, planes and giant trucks that bring it back to us; all the added pollution contributes to climate change and worsens our air quality.
- All packaging returned with your order has to be recycled or disposed of.
- Every returned garment needs to be dry cleaned, spot cleaned and/or ironed to restore it to a resalable condition.
We envision a greener future without the environmentally devastating effects of clothing waste. With all our sustainability commitments /actions based on good intentions, with a focus on having a positive impact on our world:
- We advocate a slower, more mindful model of consumerism, with the belief that your wardrobe should be added to intentionally over time with items of quality that will last, and hold a special resonance and value to you.
- Domestic and international orders are carbon offset through Sendle so whatever CO2e we emit is cancelled out by supporting projects that reduce emissions, like regenerating precious forest.
- All orders are packaged in compostable mailer bags, and we use minimal inner packaging like biodegradable tissue paper to reduce our waste further.
If you have questions about any NATALIJA piece or need assistance with returns, please contact us - we’re here for you.
Thanks so much for sharing this, had no idea with what’s involved when I make online returns. Very insightful!